Thursday, June 16, 2016

Clean Chicken Bruschetta

Chicken Bruschetta
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes! It is full of flavor and the chicken turns out real moist and tender!  I love grilling season and this is a perfect grilling food to make.

What You Need:
Salsa Topping:
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Chicken Marinate:
- 2 lbs of chicken
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt

What To Do:
1. Marinate the chicken overnight with the marinate mixture in a large baggie.
2. Combine the salsa topping in a bowl, cover and chill
3. Next day: grill the chicken breast
4. Top the chicken with the salsa topping- I also sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese on top!

This is the full recipe- but often I just make one chicken breast and one serving at a time!  I personally do not use any of the accurate measurements when I do this ha!  And you can't really mess it up!! Also- if I don't have fresh basil I will use the basil seasoning instead- still tastes good!


** Portion Fix Approved!! Serving: 4 oz chicken and 1/2-1 cup of salsa topping is 1-R, 1/2-G, 1/2-B (parmesan) and 1-tsp**


No comments: