Friday, February 26, 2016

Crockpot Chili

Clean Crock Pot Chili


We love Chili in my household! This is also a recipe that you could do on the stove as well if you did not plan ahead to do a crock pot meal! After numerous different recipes and changes that I have made- this tends to be our favorite!
You Will Need:
- 1 lb lean ground meat- I use venison!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or yellow or orange- whichever you prefer!)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans (or pinto beans) drained and rinsed. -I use a combination of both!
- 1 cup red cooking wine
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper- I use cayenne pepper!
*optional cheddar cheese to top
* optional greek yogurt to top
What to Do:
1. Brown the ground meat with onion and garlic.    (if doing on the stove I would also add the peppers in while browning the meat!)
2. Put the meat/onion/garlic mixture into crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients!
3. Cook in crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours
4. Top with cheddar cheese and/or greek yogurt and ENJOY!!

**For 21 day fixer, CIZE, Hammer and Chisel or anyone following the color coded portion control- about 1 1/2 cups equals 1/2-Green, 1-Yellow, 1-Red, and 1/2-tsp**
 I also add 1/2-Blue of cheddar cheese on my portion!




No comments: